Sunday, November 16, 2014

Whole30 week three complete

Today was day 21 of my Whole30 challenge.  It was a good day.  I completed a 12K and didn't give myself the pizza and beer I normally give myself when I finish a fairly long race.  I even went out to brunch and didn't have my standard mimosa.  3rd weekend with no cheats or non-compliant treats.  

I am ready to finish the challenge.  It's great to do the challenge.  It's fantastic to kick bad habits and unhealthy food relationships.  I really feel like I am going to adopt a primarily paleo diet after this.  This challenge has definitely opened my eyes to how food makes me feel.  I feel so much better when I fuel my body with delicious whole foods lots of veggies and meat.  Bread hasn't been as tempting lately, cake, pie, brownies, cupcakes and other treats haven't been either.  That is not to say that I am not totally looking forward to a delicious treat when this 30 days comes to close.  I just have to decide what delicious treat I want.  

I don't know about weight loss or anything like that.  I guess, I will find out next Wednesday.  At the end of the day though that wasn't why I did this.  I wanted to see if I would sleep better, have less pain, feel more energized, have better wins in the gym and I wanted my digestive system to operate better.  I am sleeping better, my gym wins ROCK, I don't experience gas as frequently (it was pretty constant before to be honest), I feel great most of the time.  The real cool thing is I listen to my body either way though, sometimes my body wants / needs a day to do nothing but nap and rest.  I honor my needs. 

I don't think I recognized my needs very clearly before.  I definitely got out of the habit of fueling my body with high quality food.  I am excited to go out to eat but I really love the food I make myself so takeout crap is so much less appealing than it had become.  That's a good win.  

I have one more weekend with not non-compliant treats.  I know now it is really no problem doing it.  That feels great!  

Until next time.  

Bettye

My dinner tonight, ground lamb, a bowl of salad greens with lemon and olive oil, cabbage and cherries for dessert.  Yummers!

No comments:

Post a Comment